Thursday, July 24, 2008

'Nasi Goreng Rumah'

You must wonder what is ‘Nasi Goreng Rumah’? Got this type of fried rice mer? Of course, as I fried the rice at home (hahaha!!!). That’s why it calls 'Nasi Goreng Rumah' (home fried rice). Hehe… ^.^

Maybe you also wonder, why I always cook at home…because I “too free” as I’m ‘not working outside’, so I become a “temporary housewife”. Haha! Ya, just temporary, and still under probation…

Since I was still a small girl, I like to play ‘masak-masak’ and my past 20 years, I seldom cook (actually, I only know how to cook Maggie mee…) poor thing… L

But, it is never too late to start or learn something new. At least, I started learning to cook now. Haha!

First of all, I have to cook rice. How to fry rice without plain rice? Funny…


I’m using Thai people recipe to cook rice since I don’t need to cook much rice. (YJ’s mummy taught me…hehe!)

Rice is cooked, now how to fry the rice? I tried before, it tasted terrible…I think I must ask my shifu (my mom) the secret of frying rice…hahaha!

After calling my mom, I started to prepare all the ingredients (plain rice, choy sum, chicken meat, fishcake, chicken nugget, eggs, sambal, garlic…


Here we start! Cut all the meat into small pieces so that it’s easier to cook (according to my mom’s experience). Okay, all done!


Before I start to fry rice, of course I fried the chicken nuggets until it become crispy. Oh ya, I also fried the anchovy until it become crispy. Preparation of ingredients is important to make the dishes delicious, right? :p


Ready to fry rice now! Add the oil into the wok after it’s hot, fry the garlic, then add in the choy sum, chicken meat, fishcake… And, add in the eggs, then add in the plain rice.

After the rice is cooked, I added in the salt, soya sauce, sambal…


Here’s the 'Nasi Goreng Rumah'! Looks delicious, isn’t it? Yummy…


Dare not try? :p


6 comments:

思宁夜 said...

wow.....
what a delicious "nasi lemak rumah"......
it must be very very "yummy"....
wow.....wanna taste it if i can.....hehe

swyj said...

Candy, sure you can try if you dare..haha!! (",)

twosuperheroes said...

Wah...looks like really not bad woh..heheh.. Next time fry for us two, yeah! :p

swyj said...

Since you both giving face, sure we'll fry for you both next time..Must finish it oh..^.^

Zhi Wei Sim said...

yummy....it looks delicious but I guess you've used a little bit too much ingredients for your fried rice...haha...sometimes a simpler version of fried rice can be tasty as well...ohyea..perhaps you can use the overnight cooked rice next time, it will taste even better :) enjoy your cooking...'zw

swyj said...

Thanks for your advice, momento...
We'll take note of your suggestion and also use overnight cooked rice next time..
Hope the taste will be better than this, hehe..