Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Healthiest ‘Liong Fun’ Dessert in the World! Maybe You Should Try...

First of all, do you know what is ‘Liong Fun’ dessert? Actually, it’s jelly, just Cantonese people calling this dessert as ‘liong fun’…


It seems easy to make, I just took out the 'agar-agar' from the packet, then put it into the water. The mixture is boiled. Add sugar and coloring…that’s it! Pour the mixture into desired forms of containers (we like the leaf-shaped molds) It is as easy as A,B and C, right?



Yup, it looks delicious…


Why I said that this is the healthiest dessert that I have ever made? This is because…when I really tasted it, (alamak)…sugarless, not sweet at all! So shameful and embarrassing…My hunk YJ was laughing when he ate my ‘liong fun’…because he had to finish it even though it’s not delicious… (He scared I’ll get angry if he did not finish it, I think...haha!)

Why was it like that? I had already added so much sugar. I tasted it and it was sweet when it was still in the cooking process. Why was it still tasteless?

I asked my mom, she told me that even though it tasted sweet at the cooking point but we still need to add more sugar. When the jelly is refrigerated, the taste of the sugar will diminish if inadequate sugar is not added. (I think maybe the fridge is also a health-freak fridge, sensitive to sweet stuff, as a result 'he' took away the sugar...haha) No wonder la… Why? I dunno…

Okay, noted…mom! I’ll add more sugar next time, until it’s ‘super’ sweet so that it’s sweet enough after it is chilled. I hope I can do it better next time, gambate!

And YOU, take note also and don’t make the sugarless ‘liong fun’ dessert for your loved ones. Of course, he/she will finish it all although it’s tasteless. (Don't make them suffer so much okay?) Remember to add more sugar lor…(Unless you want to have a healthier life.):p


No comments: